If one of your teeth breaks or becomes damaged by tooth decay, we will try our best to restore it using fillings, crowns, or other methods. But there may be times when a tooth is damaged beyond repair so we will need to remove it from its socket in the bone. Tooth extractions like this occur for multiple other reasons, including:
- For removal of teeth before braces to make room for other teeth
- Over retained baby teeth so that the permanent teeth can come in
- For radiation treatments to the head and neck
- When teeth fracture below the gum
- When a tooth becomes infected and cannot be saved
We take exceptional care to ensure that this procedure is quick and comfortable and that the extraction leaves a minimal impact on your oral health. For instance, we may follow tooth extraction with ridge preservation, which involves fortifying the newly-empty socket in your jawbone with specialized bone grafting. We’ll also work closely with you before your tooth extraction, to determine your best option for replacing the tooth and restoring your bite function, balance, and beauty.