Personalizing our service to you is one of the primary purposes of your first visit with us. We take time to know you first.
New Patient Exam
We achieve this by the following
- Being a new patient to 32 Gems Dental Care, we would request you complete a new patient form and a medical questionnaire (available on the website, you can fill in and email to save time).
- Our dentist will review the completed forms and past dental history.
- A discussion about levels of anxiety you may have or that a dental visit is likely to cause you.
- Your preference for the type of treatment techniques.
A Dental Examination
- Exam of your jaw muscles and jaw joint (TMJ).
- Exam of your cheeks, tongue, lips, and gums.
- Examination of your teeth, charting all the existing restorations, any missing teeth, any signs of decay.
- Examination of your teeth for signs of tooth wear, signs of faulty brushing habits that may include pressing too vigorously with your toothbrush.
- Appearance and colour of the teeth in the smile line.
- Assessment of the health and appearance of your gums.
- Any necessary X-rays or scans.
- Any necessary photographs
- Intraoral scan for 3D printed study models if necessary.
- Discussion with you in regard to your present oral health status.
- Discussion of treatment options available for you.
- A written plan outlining various treatment options, with estimated costs, a plan for your home care and follow-up care (for complex treatments, written plans may not be presented at the initial consultation, but these will be emailed or sent to you within the week of your appointment).